woensdag 5 mei 2010

Indonesia finance minister resigns for World Bank post

The minister of Indonesia's finance minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati has been appointed managing director of the World Bank.
We think Ms Indrawati wil leave her job she has been doing for the last five year with the approval of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. Ms Indrawati is getting a lot of respect because she has been steering South East Asia's largest economy through the final crises. But in this five years she has been fighting against the corruption in this country. When you know this it is rather strange her name has been falling in an investigation about a criminal bank bailout in 2008, over which she denies to have made any wrongdoing.
She said it is a great honour for her and her country, that she is getting the opportunity to work at the World Bank. And that on the important mission of the bank in changing the world.

I think it is good that all kinds of people can work at the important mission of the World Bank, certainly because Indonesia knows what poverty is. She might have seen enough in her country. But I don't think it is realistic to think you can change the word. And I don't understand why they let somebody wok on a high position as this one when you are accused of corruption.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8661476.stm

1 opmerking:

  1. Nice blog Jeanbart!
    I like your conclusion. I completely agree with you! "Changing the world" isn't realistic at all.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen